Getting to Aman Rimba Private Estate is simple. Janda Baik is a small village located in the state of Pahang, close to the border to Selangor (03 31N Longitude 101 55 E), and about 45 km from Kuala Lumpur, capital of Malaysia. It is a simple Malay ‘kampung’ village, with a population of approximately 1000 people. Located about 400 – 800m above sea level, temperatures in this hilly area range from 28’C in the day, to about 22’C at night. Lush tropical forests surround Janda Baik, making it ideal as a retreat from the hectic pace of the city. Getting to Aman Rimba Private Estate is simple.
You can either use Google Maps or Waze by typing “Aman Rimba Private Estate”.
You can also follow the directions given below.
- Head north out of Kuala Lumpur, and get onto the KL-KARAK Highway.
- At about the 33km mark, you will pass through a tunnel called Genting Sempah.
- Turn left immediately after the tunnel, via the overhead bridge, to enter the Genting Sempah Rest & Recreation (R&R) area.
- Drive past the food centre, exit the R&R area, turn left and follow the signs for Janda Baik.
- Follow the winding road until you reach a junction (4.2 km from the Genting Sempah R&R exit).
- Take a right, go up the steep slope and drive through the welcome arch. DO NOT miss this turn, unless you’re planning to head to Bentong town via the old road!
- Drive further on for about 2 km; you will pass the Elektriksola Factory on your right.
- Continue briefly downhill and take the first left.
- Drive on for approximately 7 km to reach a Klinik Desa (village clinic), a mosque and a school (Sekolah Kebangsaan Janda Baik) on your right.
- Go a little bit further until you see a small road leading downhill on your left.
- Take this road, and look out for signs to Aman Rimba Private Estate.
- Distance from the clinic to Aman Rimba is about 700m.
- GPS coordinates: 3°19’41.47″N, 101°51’46.12″E